The Metapara
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An Energy Manipulation and magickal community for research and development.

Sasquatch: "Leaving nothing but tracks..."
As you come in do not forget to feed the yetis, for it reminds them for another day that you are not food!

“The unexamined life is not worth living” – Socrates

“Entities should not be multiplied unnecessarily” – William of Ockham

“There is but one truly serious philosophical problem, and that is suicide.” – Albert Camus

“One cannot step twice in the same river.” – Heraclitus

"You can do anything, but not everything."
—David Allen
Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.
—Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
You miss 100 percent of the shots you never take.
—Wayne Gretzky
You must be the change you wish to see in the world.
—Gandhi
A wise man gets more use from his enemies than a fool from his friends.
—Baltasar Gracian
The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new lands but seeing with new eyes.
—Marcel Proust
Work like you don’t need money, love like you’ve never been hurt, and dance like no one’s watching
—Unknown Author
Try a thing you haven’t done three times. Once, to get over the fear of doing it. Twice, to learn how to do it. And a third time, to figure out whether you like it or not.
—Virgil Garnett Thomson
Even if you’re on the right track, you’ll get run over if you just sit there.
—Will Rogers
People often say that motivation doesn’t last. Well, neither does bathing – that’s why we recommend it daily.
—Zig Ziglar
Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.
—Oscar Wilde
When you go into court you are putting your fate into the hands of twelve people who weren’t smart enough to get out of jury duty.
—Norm Crosby
Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
—Kurt Vonnegut
Just the fact that some geniuses were laughed at does not imply that all who are laughed at are geniuses. They laughed at Columbus, they laughed at Fulton, they laughed at the Wright brothers. But they also laughed at Bozo the Clown.
—Carl Sagan
We’ve heard that a million monkeys at a million keyboards could produce the complete works of Shakespeare; now, thanks to the Internet, we know that is not true.
—Robert Wilensky
If there are no stupid questions, then what kind of questions do stupid people ask? Do they get smart just in time to ask questions?
—Scott Adams
There are many who dare not kill themselves for fear of what the neighbors will say.
—Cyril Connolly
Never be afraid to laugh at yourself, after all, you could be missing out on the joke of the century.
—Dame Edna Everage

You are not connected. Please login or register

Entity definition

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Entity definition Empty Entity definition Sun Feb 19, 2012 8:24 pm

AzurePhoenix

AzurePhoenix
Admin
Admin

What would you guys say and or agree on is the general definition of entity.

en·ti·ty/ˈentitē/

Noun:<table class="ts"><tr><td>

• A thing with distinct and independent existence.
  • Existence; being: "entity and nonentity".
</td></tr></table>

Synonyms:
being - existence - essence
This could apply to constructs that feed off of ambient sources, tulpa/thoughtforms/egregores.

What should our deffinition for entity be?

http://www.metapara.com

2Entity definition Empty Re: Entity definition Sun Feb 19, 2012 9:04 pm

bramblehead

bramblehead

I think that the definition is fine.

So, just for curiosity, would a box be considered an entity since it is existing? or does an entity have to have a life span, and be alive?

3Entity definition Empty Re: Entity definition Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:55 pm

AzurePhoenix

AzurePhoenix
Admin
Admin

bramblehead wrote:I think that the definition is fine.

So, just for curiosity, would a box be considered an entity since it is existing? or does an entity have to have a life span, and be alive?

I think it meant by independant existance that it could operate on its own.
So a phone can't be an entity because it needs you to recharge it and it does not function on its own without outside stimulai/working.

4Entity definition Empty Re: Entity definition Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:28 pm

AzurePhoenix wrote:
bramblehead wrote:I think that the definition is fine.

I think it meant by independant existance that it could operate on its own.
So a phone can't be an entity because it needs you to recharge it and it does not function on its own without outside stimulai/working.
So something that has its own self sustaining energy signature? a energy that's unique to the owner, that replenish it self ?

5Entity definition Empty Re: Entity definition Wed Feb 22, 2012 5:28 am

Electric Touch

Electric Touch

a non physical being, intelligent, at least a bit? i guess there are animal like entities out there

able to make choices of its own and has a mind of its own
a box doesnt have a mind of its own xD

a conscious beign.

6Entity definition Empty Re: Entity definition Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:54 pm

Dramega

Dramega

Corporeal entities would be closer to what we use the word word for. As in meaning, "a being of a spiritual body" to an extent. Entity can vary based on context. It can even be used in legal or government terms. Entity as a mental symbol is used when an aspect of one company breaks off to form a whole new "entity." Defendants are referred to as "entities." It is a state of existence or personal reality, objective unto itself that is self-contained. Whether or not it is organic, it is something of a reality.

http://www.guardianstemplar.webs.com

7Entity definition Empty Re: Entity definition Wed Feb 22, 2012 7:00 pm

Electric Touch

Electric Touch

i was talking about the kind of entities we talk about around here..

8Entity definition Empty Re: Entity definition Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:36 pm

AzurePhoenix

AzurePhoenix
Admin
Admin

Electric Touch wrote:i was talking about the kind of entities we talk about around here..

I believe he was clearing up a few other things that were considered entities.
So we should be clearer in our statements of entities?
Like Dramega said.
Corporal entities
Or
Astral Entities
etheral Entities
etc etc

9Entity definition Empty Re: Entity definition Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:32 am

Electric Touch

Electric Touch

ohh for some reason i though it was you azure, so it all seemed a bit strange since you posted the question, my mistake.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum